|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Kristina Anapau GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 427|
|LAST UPDATED: October 13, 2012|
Kristina Anapau Biography
- Kristina Anapau is an actress on the big and small screen. Born in Hawaii, Kristina Anapau spent her youth studying classical ballet, music and theatre. She graduated from high school at the age of 15 and, that same year, began her studies at The University of Hawaii. With dreams of pursuing a professional dance career, Anapaus life would soon take a fateful turn, as she was cast in Universal Televisions, Escape from Atlantis (1997) , landing her first professional starring role at the age of 16. Soon after, she relocated to Los Angeles where she continued to work steadily, both theatrically and commercially. At age 20, Kristina landed a recording contract with Hollywood Records and spent much of that year recording an album and opening for Destinys Child on MTVs TRL Tour, but her true love and passion remained performing in film and television. Anapau has trained and performed theatrically under the tutelage of The Royal Acadamy of Dramatic Art in London, and on the ballet front with American Ballet Theater and The Joffrey Ballet in New York City. She acted alongside Golden Globe winner Diane Venora and Greg German in ThinkFilms independent feature, Self Medicated (2005), winner of over 35 international film awards. Anapau starred with Christina Ricci and Jesse Eisenberg in the Dimension Films thriller, Cursed (2005), directed by Wes Craven, and shined as "Cassie Merteuil" in the Sony Pictures/Newmarket Films release, Cruel Intentions 3 (2004) . She appeared in the films, Madison (2005), starring Jim Caviezel and Bruce Dern, as well as, the Lions Gate comedy, 100 Girls (2000). Her television credits are impressive as Kristina has recurred and guest starred in many noteworthy productions, including: "True Blood" (2008), "The Glades" (2010), "House M.D." (2004), "Monk" (2002), "CSI: NY" (2004), "Without a Trace" (2002), "Once and Again" (1999), "General Hospital" (1963) and "Knight Rider" (2008). She also starred opposite popular comedian, Dane Cook, in the Sony Television produced pilot, Cooked (2005) . Anapau is currently recurring on the hit HBO series, "True Blood" (2008), as the enchanting Maurella. She played "Galina" in Darren Aronofsky s Black Swan (2010), in which she acted opposite Oscar-winner Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis, Winona Ryder and Barbara Hershey. We will be seeing a lot of Anapau on the big screen in the coming months, with four features slated for release in 2013. Kristina recently completed the starring role in the feature film, Sighting (2013), directed by Tedi Sarafian, and another starring role in the special ops action thriller, BlackJacks (2013). Anapau also co-produced and stars in the paranormal thriller, 5 Souls (2011), and plays opposite Tom Sizemore in, The Speak (2011). In her spare time, Anapau enjoys writing, traveling, skiing, and horseback riding. She is a contributing editorial writer for The Stndrd Magazine and The Hollywood Film Journal. Anapau is a graduate of Skidmore College in New York and currently lives in Los Angeles.
Kristina Anapau Filmography
- (2013) BlackJacks as Lisa Westbrook
- (2013) Near Myth: The Oskar Knight Story as Herself
- (2013) Sighting as Theresa
- (2011) 5 Souls as Jessica
- (2011) Cornered as Jade
- (2011) Grimm as Megan Marston
- (2011) The Speak as Paige Stone
- (2010) Black Swan as Galina/Little Swan
- (2010) First Howl as Sammi
- (2010) The Glades as Darcy Owens
- (2010) Verdict as Vanessa Thompson
- (2008) Knight Rider as Celine Lea
- (2008) True Blood as Maurella
- (2007) The Making of Self-Medicated as Herself
- (2006) Without a Trace as Emma Collins
- (2005) Cooked as Sydney
- (2005) Cursed as Brooke
- (2005) Madison as Tami Johnson
- (2005) Self Medicated as Nicole
- (2004) Cruel Intentions 3 as Cassidy Merteuil
- (2004) CSI: NY as Virginia Felton
- (2004) House M.D. as Marie
- (2002) For the People as Cissy Bunton
- (2002) Haunted as Tierney Eastway
- (2002) Monk as Amanda
- (2002) They Shoot Divas, Don't They? as Tara Quinn
- (2002) Without a Trace as Emma Collins
- (2000) 100 Girls as Sasha
- (2000) Locoweed & Other Discoveries as Elizabeth Ann
- (2000) Opposite Sex as Helen
- (1999) Once and Again as Kimberly
- (1999) Undressed as Roxy (2000: Season 3)
- (1998) Celebrity Deathmatch as Nicole Richie (voice)
- (1997) Escape from Atlantis as Katriana (as Kristina Roper)
- (1997) Power Rangers Turbo as Myrtle (uncredited)
- (1963) General Hospital as Nurse Quinn
Kristina Anapau Trivia and Facts
- Named one of Stuff Magazines "Hollywoods Most Wanted - The 50 Hottest Women To Watch".
- Named one of Stuff Magazines "Sexiest Women In The World" in 2003.
- Graduated from high school when she was only 15 years old. Started her first year of college at University of Hawaii while she was still 15.
- Daughter of a scientist and an artist.
- Graduated from Skidmore College in New York with a major in Performing Arts and a minor in Art History.
Kristina Anapau Photoshoots
- "Ingenue" (USA), September 2004, Vol. 1, Iss. 4, pg. 34-35, by: Zoe Wadler, "Sexy Sweet"
- "Ramp" (USA), November 2002, Iss. 1, pg. 134-137, by: Michael Grecco, ""Sheet Music - Hawaiian hottie Kristina Anapau is singing a seductive new tune""
- "Stuff" (USA), August 2002, Vol. 5, Iss. 8, pg. 102-106, by: Stephen Stickler, "Field of Dreams"