|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Laila Ali GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 9,264|
|LAST UPDATED: November 26, 2012|
Laila Ali Biography
- Laila Amaria Ali (born December 30, 1977) is a retired American professional boxer. She is the daughter of former boxer Muhammad Ali from his third wife Veronica Porsche Ali. Ali began boxing when she was 15 years old. That was when she first noticed women's boxing; she was watching a Christy Martin fight. She first came out with the news on the morning show Good Morning America when interviewing with Diane Sawyer. On the show Ali said, "I've been contemplating doing it since I was 18, ever since I found out that women boxed." When she first told her father, Muhammad Ali, that she was planning to pursue a boxing career, he was not happy about her going into such a dangerous profession. She explained to her father that she was going to box whether he liked it or not. In her first match, on December 8, 1999, she boxed April Fowler of Michigan City, Indiana. They fought at the Turning Stone Casino Convention Center on the Oneida Indian Nation in Verona, New York. Although this was Ali's first match, many media and fans were there, mainly because she is Muhammad Ali's daughter. Ali knocked out April Fowler in the first round. Ali also won her second match by a TKO with only 3 seconds left on the clock. In that match her opponent was Shadina Pennybaker who is from Pittsburgh. They fought at the Mountaineer Race Track in Chester, West Virginia. Ali captured eight wins in a row and many boxing fans started talking about wanting to see her square off in a boxing ring with George Foreman's daughter, Freeda Foreman, or Joe Frazier's daughter, Jackie Frazier-Lyde. On the evening of June 8, 2001, Ali and Frazier finally met. The fight was nicknamed Ali/Frazier IV in allusion to their fathers' famous fight trilogy. Ali won by a majority judges' decision in eight rounds. This match by Ali and Frazier was the first pay-for-view match between two black women. During that match, Joe Frazier, Jackie Frazier's father, was there to watch his daughter fight. Muhammad Ali, Laila's father, was not there but her mother Veronica Ali was present to watch the fight.
Laila Ali Filmography
- (2013) Favela as Cindy Chapman
- (2013) Fighting Belle as Herself (rumored)
- (2013) Real Husbands of Hollywood as Herself
- (2012) Stars Earn Stripes as Herself - Contestant
- (2012) Stars Earn Stripes as Herself - Contestant (credit only)
- (2011) BET Awards 2011 as Herself
- (2011) Everyday Health as Herself - Host
- (2011) Piers Morgan Tonight as Herself
- (2010) Are We There Yet? as Herself
- (2010) BET Awards 2010 as Herself
- (2010) Fresh Food Fast w/Emeril as Herself
- (2009) 11-04-08: The Day of Change as Herself
- (2009) Cubed as Laila Ali
- (2009) The Mo'Nique Show as Herself
- (2008) American Gladiators as Herself - Host
- (2008) Celebrity Family Feud as Herself
- (2008) Celebrity Ghost Stories as Herself
- (2008) Gladiators Ready! - The Gladiators Story as Herself
- (2008) My Life in Food as Herself
- (2008) Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards 2008 as Herself
- (2008) Paula's Best Dishes as Herself
- (2008) The N's Student Body as
- (2008) The Wendy Williams Show as Herself
- (2008) Who Are You Wearing as Herself
- (2007) Chopped as Herself - All-Star
- (2007) Daddy's Girl as Herself
- (2007) Más vale tarde as Herself
- (2007) Yo Gabba Gabba! as Herself
- (2006) All You've Got as Heather Philips
- (2006) Rachael Ray as Herself
- (2005) Dancing with the Stars as Herself
- (2005) Diamond Life as
- (2005) In the Mix as Guest
- (2005) Infanity as Herself
- (2005) Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith as Herself
- (2005) The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson as Herself
- (2005) The Sweet Science as
- (2004) E! Special: Famous Last Names as Herself
- (2004) Fashion News Live as Herself
- (2004) The 100 Most Memorable TV Moments as Herself
- (2004) The Biggest Loser as Herself
- (2004) The Biggest Loser as Herself - Boxer
- (2003) Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show as Herself
- (2002) Fashion Police as Herself
- (2002) Fashion Police as Herself - Guest Host
- (2002) George Lopez as Herself
- (2002) Muhammad Ali's All-Star 60th Birthday Celebration! as Herself
- (2001) One on One as Herself
- (2001) Women of Las Vegas as Herself
- (2000) Girlfriends as Herself
- (2000) Strong Medicine as Lyla
- (2000) The Greatest Boxer: Muhammad Ali as Herself
- (1999) Beckmann as Herself
- (1999) The Jersey as Herself - Boxer
- (1999) The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn as Herself
- (1999) The Parkers as Herself
- (1999) Who Wants to Be a Millionaire as Herself
- (1998) ESPN Friday Night Fights as Herself
- (1998) Hollywood Squares as Herself
- (1997) The View as Herself
- (1997) The View as Herself - Co Host
- (1996) Arli$$ as Herself
- (1993) Intimate Portrait as Herself
- (1992) Muhammad Ali's 50th Birthday Celebration as Herself
- (1988) Sidewalks Entertainment as Herself
- (1987) Biography as Herself
- (1985) Larry King Live as Herself
- (1981) Entertainment Tonight as Herself
- (1975) Good Morning America as Herself
- (1955) This Is Your Life as Herself (uncredited)
- (1952) Today as Herself (uncredited)
Laila Ali Trivia and Facts
- Daughter of Muhammad Ali , and Verónica Porche Ali.
- Sister of Hana Ali .
- Granddaughter of Odessa Clay .
- Niece of Rahaman Ali.
- Defeated Gwendolyn ONeill , Nikki Eplion, Åsa Sandell , Suzette Taylor , Erin Toughill and Freeda Foreman.
- Has had a total of 22 fights, winning them all. Has won 19 by KO.
- She won the IBA title with a two-round knockout of Suzette Taylor , on August 17 at Las Vegas, and, on November 9, she retained that title and added the WIBA and IWBF belts, by unifying the crown with an eight-round knockout win over her divisions other world champion, Valerie Mahfood, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Defeated Freeda Foreman (daughter of George Foreman who lost the title in October of 1974 to her father, Muhammad Ali ).
- Hulk Hogan credits her with saving his life. In 2007 when he was going through his divorce from Linda and dealing with the aftermath of his sons near fatal car accident, Hogan was alone, depressed and contemplating suicide. She called him out of concern and her voice helped to snap him out of his depression.
- (July 23, 2007) Married her boyfriend of 22 months Curtis Conway after a 7-month-long engagement.
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 30, a son Curtis Muhammad Conway on August 26, 2008. Childs father is her 2nd husband, Curtis Conway.
- Gave birth to her 2nd child at age 33, a daughter Sydney J. Conway on April 4, 2011. Childs father is her 2nd husband, Curtis Conway.
Laila Ali Other Works
- (2000) Music video, by Canadian rock group 'Default' , called "Deny".
- (2001) Print ads for America's Dairy Farmers & Milk Producers "got milk?" milk
- mustache campaign with her father, 'Muhammad Ali (I)' .
- (2007-08) Print ads for America's Dairy Farmers & Milk Producers "got milk?" milk mustache campaign.
- (2009) Print ads for Subway Sandwiches' "fresh fit for kids" diet & exercise campaign.
- (2012) TV commercial for Kohls