|NUDE PICTURES: 11|
|Laila Robins GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 1,729|
|LAST UPDATED: December 13, 2010|
Laila Robins Biography
- Laila Robins (born March 14, 1959) is an American stage, film and television actress. Robins was born in St. Paul, Minnesota, the daughter of Latvian American parents Brigita (nÃƒÂ©e Ã…Â varcs) and JÃ„Ânis RobiÃ…Â†Ã…Â¡, a research chemist. She attended the Yale School of Drama, (MFA) and received her undergraduate degree at the University of WisconsinÃ¢Â€Â“Eau Claire, (BA). Robins has been in a relationship with the actor Robert Cuccioli since 2000. They co-starred in Macbeth at the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey; he was Macbeth, and she was Lady Macbeth. Robins has three sisters, Daina Robins, who resides in Holland, Michigan, Baiba, who still lives in the Twin Cities area, Minnesota, and Zaiga Robins, a chaplain at Season Hospice, Chicago, IL. Daina is the department chair of Theatre at Hope College. Robins has won several awards for her work including the Actors' Equity Foundation Joe A. Callaway Award, the Helen Hayes Award nomination, the Jefferson Award, the Drama League Award and the Lucille Lortel Award nomination for Outstanding Featured Actress.
Laila Robins Filmography
- (2013) Concussion as Woman #3
- (2013) Onion News Empire as Helena Zweibel
- (2013) Showing Up as Herself
- (2013) Side Effects as Banks Partner #2
- (2012) Blumenthal as Cheryl
- (2012) Dark Horse as Miranda Teras
- (2012) The Letter as Doctor Tynan
- (2011) Person of Interest as Anja Kohl
- (2011) Too Big to Fail as Christine Lagarde
- (2010) Blue Bloods as Mrs. Lee
- (2010) God in America as Anne Hutchinson
- (2010) Multiple Sarcasms as Lauren
- (2009) Bored to Death as Priscilla Antrem
- (2009) The Good Wife as Paige Burchfield
- (2009) Welcome to Academia as Deborah
- (2008) August as Ottmar Peevo
- (2008) In Treatment as Tammy Meswick
- (2008) The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond as Mrs. Fenstermaker
- (2007) Army Wives as
- (2007) Damages as
- (2006) 30 Rock as Gloria Baird
- (2006) A Broken Sole as Passenger
- (2006) Slippery Slope as Michaela Stark
- (2006) The Book of Daniel as Nora Paxton
- (2006) The Good Shepherd as Toddy Allen
- (2006) Things That Hang from Trees as Miss Millie
- (2004) Jailbait as Mother
- (2003) Nowhere to Go But Up as Irene
- (2002) Searching for Paradise as Barbara Mattei
- (2001) Law & Order: Criminal Intent as Kit Sternman
- (2001) The Loneliness of Animals as Annabella
- (2001) Witchblade as Dominique Boucher
- (2000) Drop Back Ten as Viv
- (1999) Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Ellen Travis
- (1999) Oxygen as Frances Hannon
- (1999) Spenser: Small Vices as Rita Fiore
- (1999) The Sopranos as Young Livia Soprano
- (1999) Third Watch as Sharon Reiner
- (1999) True Crime as Patricia Findley
- (1998) Sex and the City as Audra Clark
- (1997) Nothing Sacred as Jeanne Cole
- (1997) The Blood Oranges as Catherine
- (1996) Female Perversions as Emma
- (1995) Live Nude Girls as Rachel
- (1995) The Wright Verdicts as Rachel
- (1992) Trial: The Price of Passion as Charm Blackburn
- (1990) Gabriel's Fire as Victoria Heller
- (1990) Law & Order as Diana Hawthorne
- (1990) Law & Order as Liann Crosby
- (1990) Welcome Home, Roxy Carmichael as Elizabeth Zaks
- (1989) An Innocent Man as Kate Rainwood
- (1989) Dream Breakers as Phoebe
- (1987) A Walk on the Moon as Marty Ellis
- (1987) Planes, Trains & Automobiles as Susan Page
- (1985) The Equalizer as Cindy Claussen
- (1976) Working in the Theatre as Herself/Actor
- (1970) All My Children as Claire Williams
Laila Robins Trivia and Facts
- Sister is high school English teacher in Blaine, Minnesota.
- Won the 1995 Joe A. Callaway Award, for Best Performance in a Classic Drama, for her work as Portia in "The Merchant of Venice."
- Nominated for the 2004 Lucille Lortel Award for her performance in "Frozen" (Outstanding Featured Actress).
- Nominated for the 1997 Helen Hayes Award for her work in "Mrs. Klein" (Outstanding Supporting Performer, Non-Resident Production).
- Shares a birthday with Michael Caine , Mercedes McNab , Kylie Tyndall , Keaton Tyndall , Quincy Jones , Chris Klein , & Jamie Bell
- Nominated for the 2007 Lucille Lortel Award for her performance in "Sore Throats" (Outstanding Actress).
- She was awarded the 1997 Joseph Jefferson Award for Actress in a Principal Role in a Play for "A Streetcar Named Desire", at the Steppenwolf Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
- Won a 2012 Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Ensemble Performance for "Sweet and Sad," shared with Jon DeVries , Shuler Hensley , Maryann Plunkett , Jay O. Sanders , and J Smith-Cameron.
Laila Robins Other Works
- Appeared at The Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis, MN in the fall of 1999
- in "Summer and Smoke."
- Will appear as "Hedda Gabler" in early 2001 at The Guthrie Theater.
- (April 1998): Played "Susanna Hall" in "The Herbal Bed", a play by 'Peter
- Whelan' (Eugene O'Neill Theatre, New York City, USA).
- (August 2002): Played "Emily Shapiro" in "Resurrection Blues", a play by
- 'Arthur Miller (I)' (Guthrie Theater, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA).
- In 1997, appeared on the Chicago stage as "Blanche DuBois" in the Steppenwolf Theater Co. production of "A Streetcar Named Desire". This production also featured 'Gary Sinise' and 'Kathryn Erbe' , and was directed by 'Terry Kinney' .
- (2008) She acted in 'Tennessee Williams' ' play, "A Streetcar Named Desire", at the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey at Drew University in Madison, New Jersey.
- (October 2006): Played "Ariadne Utterword" in "Heartbreak House", a play by 'George Bernard Shaw' on Broadway (American Airlines Theater, New York City, New York, USA).
- (1997) She acted in 'Tennessee Williams' ' play, "A Streetcar Named Desire", at the Steppenwolf Theatre Company in Chicago, Illinois. The crew included 'Kevin Rigdon' (lighting designer) and 'Rob Milburn (I)' (sound designer).
Laila Robins Trademarks
- Often plays poised, polished career women