|NUDE PICTURES: 667|
|Maitland Ward GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 2,394|
|LAST UPDATED: April 21, 2017|
Maitland Ward Biography
- Maitland Ward (born Ashley Maitland Welkos, on February 3, 1977 in Long Beach, California). She began her career as "Jessica Forrester" on "The Bold and the Beautiful" (1987), where she appeared for three years. From there, she guest-starred on "Home Improvement" (1991). Maitland is also well-known as "Rachel McGuire" from the hit prime-time series, "Boy Meets World" (1993). She starred on the ABC comedy for three years. She also appeared in the independent film, Dish Dogs (2000) , a romantic comedy in which she co-stars with Brian Dennehy, Matthew Lillard and Sean Astin. In 2004, she starred in the comedy White Chicks (2004) with the Wayans Brothers. Since 2004, Maitland has been seen in the CBS comedy "Out of Practice" (2005). Maitland was also the lead in the untitled Michael Jacobs pilot. In 2007, she guest-starred on "Rules of Engagement" (2007) on CBS, opposite David Spade. In October of 2006, she married John T. Baxter and the wedding was profiled in the New York Times Society Pages. In 2007, Maitland was accepted to NYU and studied Theatre while pursuing roles on the stage. She lived in New York City for two years before relocating back to Los Angeles in the spring of 09.
Maitland Ward Filmography
- (2007) Rules of Engagement as Dani
- (2005) Out of Practice as Staci
- (2004) White Chicks as Brittany Wilson
- (2000) Boston Public as Rachel Newman
- (2000) Dish Dogs as Molly
- (1999) A Bold Affair as Eleanor
- (1997) Killing Mr. Griffin as Candice Lee
- (1997) USA High as Tina
- (1993) Boy Meets World as Rachel McGuire
- (1993) Boy Meets World as Rachel McGuire (credit only)
- (1991) Home Improvement as Christy
- (1987) The Bold and the Beautiful as Jessica Forrester
Maitland Ward Trivia and Facts
- She was up for the lead in the WB show "Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane" (1999) which, because its produced by Disney & Touchstone, led to a holding contract with Disney and eventually to "Boy Meets World" (1993).
- Was told to change her name when she started her acting career because "Ashley" was too commonplace.
- Member of Sigma Kappa Sorority at Cal State Long Beach.