|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Oksana Baiul GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 2,111|
|LAST UPDATED: October 19, 2013|
Oksana Baiul Biography
- 1994 Olympic GOLD Medalist & 1993 World Champion, Ladies Figure Skating. When Oksana Baiul was three years old, she received her first pair of ice skates from her Grandfather. By just seven years old, she already won her first competition. The Ukrainian Figure Skating Federation immediately took notice of her unique, natural balletic artistry on the ice. In 1994, at barely 16 years old, the world watched literally (Oksana Baiul holds the record for most watched Olympic performance in history) as Oksana captivated our hearts & won the Olympic Gold Medal, proving that she is the Best in the World! Contrary to the false tales spun by a former coach and others to the media claiming to have financially supported Oksana prior to 1994, in fact Oksana was by 1993 already unknowingly a very wealthy teenager with her own apartment, having won GOLD at the 1993 World Championship, headlined the ISU European Tour and being contracted by Tom Collins to co-headline his 1993 Tour of World Figure Skating Champions sold out 43 US cities tour. In 1994, Oksana was brought to the United States, was signed to William Morris Talent Agency, turned professional, toured and performed nonstop for 8 years and Barbara Walters named her "One of the 10 Most Fascinating Personalities of 1994". Born in Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine, she was an only child of parents Sergei and Marina Baiul who divorced when she was two. Her mother and her grandparents raised Oksana. When Oksana was 10, her grandparents died. Tragically, three years later at 13, her mother died of ovarian cancer. Prior to and since her victory in Lillehammer, Oksana headlined figure skating tours non-stop from 1993 to 2003 in figure skating tours and competitions in the United States, Canada, Japan, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, North Korea, South Korea, China, Ukraine, Russia and many more including AEGs Champions on Ice and Smuckers Stars On Ice. Oksanas life story was depicted in the Hallmark & CBS produced movie, "A Promise Kept: The Oksana Baiul Story". Oksana has published two NYT Best Selling books, Secrets of Skating/Oksana Baiul; Oksana, My Own Story. Oksana has been profiled in several televised bio specials including Lifetime and A&Es Networks. In 1996, Oksana also launched "OKSANA: Jewels On Ice" and "Oksana: Ice Crystals" her jewelry collections, which sold-out on QVC and in turn was made available with major US luxury department stores. Oksana Baiul has headlined more than 900 live performances touring the globe, a part of over 150 headlining television and movie performances (Nutcracker on Ice, Wizard of Oz on Ice, CBS Sports Olympic Winterfest, Goodwill Games) and more than 300 television appearances. In 2002, Oksana also launched her clothing line, the Oksana Baiul Collection, the most successful independently owned Figure Skating Apparel line, created and designed by Oksana herself which is re-launching and expanding in 2013. In 2003, Oksana returned to her hometown of Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine and her heartfelt story was featured on ABCs 20/20 and featured in People Magazine. During 2005 to 2009 Oksana also headlined a Moscow Red Square TV special, starred in an off Broadway theatrical show "Cold As Ice" earning her performance critical acclaim, while dedicating the majority of her time to philanthropic endeavors benefiting children. Oksana, the only figure skater to become a globally known household name and cross over to be considered a true entertainer, has graced the covers of over 50 media publications globally and endorsed products such as ICON Fitness HealthRider and Lifeways KEFIR. During the last seven years Oksana has also taken on a few acting roles making appearances on television series (Arli$$, Strong Medicine), supporting roles in movies (Cutting Edge II), and stared as lead judge on ABCs prime-time reality show "Master of Champions". Oksana Baiul, nicknamed the "Queen of the Ice" and the "Swan of Odessa", who partnered with Entertainment Producer, Investor and Philanthropist Carlo J. Farina, can be found on the ice training in Philadelphia preparing for her upcoming return to performing in 2013, writing her highly-anticipated autobiography, developing her first headlining global tour commencing in 2014 and expanding her career as a co-Producer of the tour in addition to two Television specials, while also designing and re-launching the OKSANA BAIUL Collection encompassing figure skating apparel, ready to wear, accessories and her jewelry line.
Oksana Baiul Filmography
- (2010) Be Good Johnny Weir as Herself
- (2009) Pop Star on Ice as Herself
- (2007) Frosted Pink as Herself
- (2006) 2006 LA Area Emmy Awards as Herself
- (2006) Fire & Ice: The Galleria Holiday Special as Herself
- (2006) Master of Champions as Herself - Judge
- (2006) The Cutting Edge: Going for the Gold as Nationals Commmentator
- (2005) Celebrity Charades as Herself
- (2005) Fashion Week Diaries as Herself
- (2005) Gastineau Girls as Herself
- (2004) The Apprentice as Herself - Olympic Gold Medalist
- (2003) Celebrity Poker Showdown as Herself
- (2003) Ice Wars 10: North America vs. the World as Herself
- (2002) Made as Herself
- (2001) Bank of America Celebration of Gold as Herself
- (2000) Improv Ice III as Herself
- (2000) Strong Medicine as Irina Kostrova
- (1999) An Evening of Championship Skating as Herself
- (1999) Family Feud as Herself
- (1999) Ice Wars 6 as Herself
- (1999) Michelle Kwan Skates to Disney's Greatest Hits as
- (1999) VH-1 Where Are They Now? as Herself
- (1998) Hollywood Squares as Herself
- (1998) Ice Wars 5 as Herself
- (1997) Ice Wars 4 as Herself (World team)
- (1997) Too Hot to Skate as Herself
- (1996) Arli$$ as Herself
- (1996) Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as Herself
- (1996) Sergei Grinkov: Celebration of a Life as Herself
- (1996) Skating Romance as Herself
- (1996) The 1996 Fox Rock 'N Roll Skating Championships as Herself
- (1996) The Rosie O'Donnell Show as Herself
- (1996) The Wizard of Oz on Ice as Dorothy
- (1995) Artistry on Ice II as Herself
- (1995) Ice Stories as Herself
- (1995) Ice Wars 2 as Herself (World Team)
- (1995) Lauren Hutton and... as Herself
- (1995) Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as Herself
- (1995) Skates of Gold II as Herself
- (1995) Skates of Gold III as Herself
- (1995) The 1995 Fox Rock 'N Roll Skating Championships as Herself
- (1995) Too Hot to Skate as Herself
- (1994) 1994 Winter Olympics Figure Skating Competition and Exhibition Highlights as Herself
- (1994) A Promise Kept: The Oksana Baiul Story as Herself
- (1994) Artistry on Ice as Herself
- (1994) Fox on Ice as Herself
- (1994) Ice Wars 1 as Herself
- (1994) NBC Sports Presents World Champions on Ice II as Herself
- (1994) Nutcracker on Ice as Clara
- (1994) The 1994 Winter Olympics Figure Skating Competition Highlights Video as Herself
- (1993) NBC Sports Presents World Champions on Ice as Herself
- (1981) Entertainment Tonight as Herself
- (1976) The Barbara Walters Special as
Oksana Baiul Trivia and Facts
- (1994) Won Olympic gold medal for figure skating.
- Silver Medal, 1993 European Figure Skating Championships.
- Gold Medal, 1993 World Figure Skating Championships
- Visited her father, Sergei, during the summer of 2003, her first visit to Ukraine (documented by ABCs 20/20 & PEOPLE Magazine) since she was taken from the Ukraine in 1994 to the US.
- Her performance in "Ice Wars 10: North America vs. The World", marked her return to figure skating after a two-year hiatus.
- She became engaged to be married to clothing manufacturer, Gene Sinuk, in the summer of 2004.
- Has her own clothing line, The Oksana Baiul Collection.
- Is an only child.
- Skated in the 2008 Stars on Ice Tour. This tour was the first ever to go to Puerto Rico.
- Broke off her engagement to Gene Sinuk in 2005.
Oksana Baiul Photoshoots
- "Celebrity Skin" (USA), April 2004, Vol. 28, Iss. 127, pg. 42, by: staff, "Game, Sex & Match: Oksana Baiul"
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 1996, Vol. 9, Iss. 7, pg. 18-19, by: staff, "1994 Gold Medalist"