|NUDE PICTURES: 414|
|Olga Kurylenko GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 14,893|
|LAST UPDATED: November 30, 2017|
Olga Kurylenko Biography
- Olga Kurylenko, a Ukrainian-born actress and model, went from sharing a cramped flat with her aunt, uncle, grandparents and cousin to starring as a Bond girl opposite Daniel Craig . She was born Olga Konstantinovna Kurylenko on November 14, 1979, in Berdyansk, Ukraine, Soviet Union. Her mother, Marina Alyabysheva, divorced her father, Konstantin Kurylenko, soon after her birth. After the divorce her mother struggled to survive as an art teacher. Young Olga was brought up by her mother and her grandmother, Raisa. During her youth Olga had the humbling experience of living in poverty; she had no choice but to wear rags and had to darn the holes on her sweater. During her years in Ukraine she studied art and languages and spent seven years studying piano at a local school of music in Berdyansk. She also went to a ballet studio until 13. At age 13 Olga and her mother made a trip to Moscow. There she was spotted by an agent, who approached her at a subway station and offered her a job as a model. Initially Olgas mother was suspicious, but she checked the agents credentials and eventually allowed Olga to accept training as a model in Moscow, which turned out to be a good career choice. By age 16 she was ready for the next step. She moved to Paris, learned French in six months and was signed by the Madison agency. At age 18 she appeared on the cover of Glamour, and in short order graced the covers of Elle, Madame Figaro, Marie Claire, and Vogue. She also became the face of Lejaby lingerie, Bebe clothing, Clarins and Helena Rubinstein cosmetic companies. In 1999 Olga married French photographer Cedric Van Mol, but divorced him 3-1/2 years later. One day Olga presented herself to an acting agency. Eventually she swapped the catwalk for the movie screen, and her acting career took off. In 2005 she made her film debut as "Iris", a sensual beauty, in Lannulaire (2005), by director Diane Bertrand. Olgas cinematic roles have been notably steamy, and her natural beauty and explicit nudity attracted the attention of the male audiences. She appeared opposite Elijah Wood in Paris, je taime (2006) and as "Sofia" in Le serpent (2006), then co-starred as Russian beauty "Nika Boronina" opposite Timothy Olyphant in Hitman (2007/I). She also appeared as "Mina Harud" in the indie surveillance-thriller "Tyranny" (2008). On Christmas Eve 2007, Olga was offered to play what will become her biggest hit: co-starring as "Camille", the Bond girl, opposite Daniel Craig in Quantum of Solace (2008), a sequel to Casino Royale (2006). With the international success as Bond Girl, Olga also made appearances on various TV productions in Russia and Ukraine. In 2012, Olga Kurylenko was cast as Julia, supporting role in the Sci-Fi adventure Oblivion (2013/I) opposite Tom Cruse and Morgan Freeman .
Olga Kurylenko Filmography
- (2014) Empires of the Deep as
- (2014) November Man as Alice Fournier
- (2014) Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters as Kirova
- (2013) Despite the Falling Snow as Katya, Lauren
- (2013) Face 2 Face: Tom Cruise/Alex Zane - Oblivion Special as Herself
- (2013) Oblivion as Julia
- (2012) Magic City as Vera Evans
- (2012) Seven Psychopaths as Angela
- (2012) The Expatriate as Anna Brandt
- (2012) To the Wonder as Marina
- (2011) La terre outragée as Anya
- (2011) The Jonathan Ross Show as Herself
- (2011) There Be Dragons as Ildiko
- (2010) Centurion as Etain
- (2010) The Cross as
- (2009) Kirot as Galia
- (2009) Picture as Herself
- (2008) À l'est de moi as La prostituée russe
- (2008) Bond Girl Diaries as Herself
- (2008) Bond on Location as Herself
- (2008) Marc Forster - Der Weg zu 007 as Herself
- (2008) Max Payne as Natasha
- (2008) Prozhektorperiskhilton as Herself - Guest/Performer
- (2008) Quantum of Solace as Camille
- (2008) Quantum of Solace as Camille Montes (VG) (voice)
- (2008) Quantum of Solace: Royal World Premiere Special as Herself
- (2008) Tyranny as Mina Harud
- (2007) Hitman as Nika Boronina
- (2007) Suspectes as Eva Pirès
- (2007) The Graham Norton Show as Herself
- (2007) Up Close with Carrie Keagan as Herself
- (2007) Xposé as Herself
- (2006) El hormiguero as Herself - Guest
- (2006) Le porte-bonheur as Sophia
- (2006) Le serpent as Sofia
- (2006) Paris, je t'aime as La vampire (segment "Quartier de la Madeleine")
- (2005) L'annulaire as Iris
- (2005) Made in Hollywood as Herself
- (2005) The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson as Herself - Guest
- (2004) La matinale as Herself
- (2003) Jimmy Kimmel Live! as Herself - Guest
- (2002) Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway as Herself
- (2002) Made as Herself
- (2001) Largo Winch as Carole (as Olga Kutylenko)
- (1998) Tout le monde en parle as Herself
- (1998) Vivement dimanche as Herself
- (1996) Ôsama no buranchi as Herself (as Oruga Kyurirenko)
- (1994) Cartelera as Herself
- (1993) Good Day L.A. as Herself
- (1993) Quelli che... il calcio as Herself
- (1992) HBO First Look as Herself
- (1991) Días de cine as Herself
- (1984) Cinema 3 as Herself
- (1981) Entertainment Tonight as Herself
- (1978) The South Bank Show as Herself
- (1976) La nuit des Césars as Herself
Olga Kurylenko Trivia and Facts
- Trained as a dancer and model in Moscow.
- Plays the piano.
- Served on the jury at the 2007 Brussels International Film Festival.
- Admires old movies.
- Speaks Russian, English, and French fluently.
- Originally believed she had failed to impress director and producers of Quantum of Solace (2008) after her audition.
- Was told she had got the part of Camille in Quantum of Solace (2008) on Christmas Eve 2007.
- Trained as a ballerina in the Soviet Union (Ukrainian SSR) from ages 8 to 12 and Independent Ukraine from ages 12 to 13.
- Quantum of Solace (2008) in which she starred, opened worldwide on her 29th birthday (November 14).
Olga Kurylenko Photoshoots
- "Vanity Fair" (USA), March 2013, Iss. 631, pg. 337, 340, 345, by: Bruce Weber, "Bruce Weber's Adventures in Hollywood"
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 2011, Iss. 66, pg. 32-35, "Franchise Foxes: James Bond: Quantum of Solace - Olga Kurylenko"
- "Celebrity Skin" (USA), January 2009, Vol. 31, Iss. 186, pg. 42-43, by: n/a, "Unforgettable Nudes Of 2008: Olga Kurylenko"
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 2009, Iss. 57, pg. 36-39, "Franchise Foxes: James Bond: Quantum of Solace - Olga Kurylenko"
- "Playboy" (USA), November 2008, Vol. 55, Iss. 11, pg. 82, by: staff, "Bond Girls"