|NUDE PICTURES: 142|
|Rhona Mitra GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 5,837|
|LAST UPDATED: May 31, 2018|
Rhona Mitra Biography
- Mitra was born in Paddington, London, England, the daughter of Antony, who is a cosmetic surgeon, and Nora Mitra. She has an older and a younger brother. Her father is of Bengali Indian and English descent, and her mother is Irish. In 1984, when Mitra was eight, her parents divorced, and she was sent to boarding school. She spent several years at two different schools, including Roedean, but Mitra claims she was eventually expelled from both of them. Mitras first main role came as Scott Wolf s illicit love interest on "Party of Five" (1994). In 2000, Mitra had a small, key role in the film Hollow Man (2000), as the rape victim of Kevin Bacon , an incident that drives his character insane. She had a main role in the medical drama "Gideons Crossing" (2000), as "Dr. Alejandra Ollie Klein". Mitra then had roles in Ali G Indahouse (2002) ; Sweet Home Alabama (2002) ; Stuck on You (2003), and leading roles in Highwaymen (2004) and Spartacus (2004) . Mitra appeared in the final season of "The Practice" (1997) as "Tara Wilson", and continued that role into its spin-off "Boston Legal" (2004), but left not long into the second season. In 2005, Mitra played the role of "Kit McGraw" during Season 3 of "Nip/Tuck" (2003). Mitra then went on to appear in Skinwalkers (2006), The Number 23 (2007) and Shooter (2007/I). In 2008, Mitra starred in the lead role of the science fiction/action film Doomsday (2008) as "Major Eden Sinclair", and, in 2009, went on to star in Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (2009) as "Sonja", the daughter of the powerful vampire elder, "Viktor" (played by Bill Nighy). Mitra appeared as the live action model for "Lara Croft", the lead character in Eidos Interactives Tomb Raider video game series. She was ranked #46 on the Maxim Hot 100 Women of 2001.
Rhona Mitra Filmography
- (2014) The Last Ship as Dr. Rachel Scott
- (2013) The Loft as Allison
- (2012) Crisis Point as Cameron Grainger
- (2010) Reuniting the Rubins as Andie Rubin
- (2010) Strike Back as Maj. Rachel Dalton
- (2010) Strike Back as Rachel Dalton
- (2010) The Gates as Claire Radcliff
- (2009) Scream Awards 2009 as Herself
- (2009) Separation City as Katrien Becker
- (2009) SGU Stargate Universe as Commander Kiva
- (2009) Stolen Lives as Barbara Adkins
- (2009) Underworld: Rise of the Lycans as Sonja
- (2008) Anatomy of Catastrophe: The Making of 'Doomsday' as Herself
- (2008) Doomsday as Eden Sinclair
- (2007) Shooter as Alourdes Galindo
- (2007) The Number 23 as Laura Tollins
- (2007) Up Close with Carrie Keagan as Herself
- (2006) Skinwalkers as Rachel Talbot
- (2005) The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson as Herself
- (2005) The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson as Herself - Guest
- (2004) Boston Legal as Tara Wilson
- (2004) Boston Legal as Tara Wilson (credit only)
- (2004) Highwaymen as Molly Poole
- (2004) Spartacus as Varinia
- (2003) Nip/Tuck as Kit McGraw
- (2003) Stuck on You as Bus Stop Bombshell
- (2003) The Life of David Gale as Berlin
- (2003) The Sharon Osbourne Show as Herself
- (2002) Ali G Indahouse as Kate Hedges
- (2002) Last Call with Carson Daly as Herself
- (2002) Sweet Home Alabama as Tabatha Wadmore-Smith
- (2000) Get Carter as Geraldine
- (2000) Gideon's Crossing as Dr. Alejandra Ollie Klein
- (2000) Hollow Man as Sebastian's Neighbor
- (2000) Secret Agent Man as Lacey Sullivan
- (1999) Beowulf as Kyra
- (1999) How to Breed Gibbons as Juliet
- (1999) The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn as Herself
- (1998) A Kid in Aladdin's Palace as Sheherazade
- (1998) Croupier as Girl with Joint
- (1998) Monk Dawson as Mollie Jolliffe/Prostitute
- (1998) The Pepsi Chart Show as Herself - Presenter
- (1997) Eddie Izzard: Glorious as Groupie (uncredited)
- (1997) Lust for Glorious as First French Babe
- (1997) The Man Who Made Husbands Jealous as Flora Seymour
- (1997) The Practice as Tara Wilson
- (1997) The Practice as Tara Wilson (credit only)
- (1997) The View as Herself
- (1995) Ghostbusters of East Finchley as Cass (as Rona Mitra)
- (1994) Party of Five as Holly Marie Beggins
- (1993) Late Night with Conan O'Brien as Herself
- (1992) Making of... as Herself
- (1992) The Big Breakfast as Herself
- (1988) Live with Regis and Kathie Lee as Herself
- (1984) The Bill as Sarah Wickes
- (1981) Entertainment Tonight as Herself
Rhona Mitra Trivia and Facts
- Went to Roedean, an all-girls school in Brighton, East Sussex, but was expelled from it, then from another boarding school. According to Rhona, "I was kicked out for taking a sixth-formers car and driving it down to the local boys school. I was only 14. I left stuffing under my bedsheets but one of my friends told on me and the headmistress tracked me down. They put me in this room with bars on the windows to punish me. I was stuck in there for a whole week with just a rosary for comfort, having my dinner brought in on trays. The only time I got out was to say confession to the school priest. After that, they booted me out. Then at the next school the other girls used to blame me whenever they got caught for something, so all the parents wrote in and said they didnt want me at the school. I crammed my exams in London and did fine."
- Parents were Antony Mitra (Bengali Indian) and Nora (Irish). They divorced in 1984.
- First actress to serve as an original model for Eidos Interactives Lara Croft (Tomb Raider).
- Her acting role model is Susan Sarandon.
- Mitra was ranked #46 on the Maxim Hot 100 Women of 2001.
- Decided she wanted to be an actor at 9 years old when she met Judi Dench , mother to one of her classmates. "She came to pick her up from school and I remember meeting her and I thought she was such an extraordinary woman. She had this resonance about her. I said, What does your mummy do? and I logged it away" - H Magazine.
Rhona Mitra Quotes
- I cant sit still. Thats why Im very difficult in a relationship. Men get jealous of me traveling - they dont understand that just because I disappear on my own doesnt mean Im going to shag someone else.
- Its an unusual job. Its like you put on another skin and take it off, and you get back into your own skin, and there is that person. - on acting as a profession.
- Someone can present you with a choreographed routine, whether its with swords or with fists, and you can replicate that, but it comes down to attitude. And that cant be taught. - H Magazine.
- On being an actor: Its cathartic and always an inspiration. It gives you an opportunity to explore different sides of yourself, or human nature, psychology, history, the future, the past and the present. Its like going to school every single day. You are always interacting with people. You always have your senses wide open.
- Her role model: Susan Sarandon . She is definitely someone that I am always enchanted to see. She has so enjoyed who she is and has gone for it; she has such an amazing career. I think that she is strong and confident and political and sexual and sensual; all of these things. - Jezebel Magazine.
- You have to be content with who you are on a day-to-day basis.
Rhona Mitra Photoshoots
- "Playboy" (USA), February 2009, Vol. 56, Iss. 2, pg. 16, by: staff, "Teaes Frame: Rhona Mitra"
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 2009, Iss. 57, pg. 4-7, "Lara's Theme: The First Lara Croft - Rhona Mitra"
- "Celebrity Skin" (USA), August 2003, Vol. 26, Iss. 119, pg. 41, by: staff, "Skinematic Youth: Hollow Man"
- "Maxim" (USA), May 2001, Iss. Special, pg. 13, by: Steve Shaw, "Maxim Hot 100 2001: #46"
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 1999, Vol. 12, Iss. 3, pg. 42-45, by: staff, "25 Sexiest Women of 1999 - #14"
- "Sky" (UK), September 1998, pg. 86-91, by: Steve Shaw
- "Ministry" (UK), June 1998
- "FHM" (UK), November 1997, Iss. 94, pg. 190-199, by: Willy Camden, "The Real Thing"
Rhona Mitra Other Works
- Performs as videogame character Lara Croft at trade shows.
- Wasn't the voice of Lara Croft in Tomb Raider 2. ('Judith Gibbins' was). She was
- the 'human Lara' during the game's promotion.
- 1990s: Recorded a music CD that was cross-promoted with her Lara Croft
- Appeared as "French Girl" in 'Eddie Izzard' 's "Lust for Glorious".
Rhona Mitra Trademarks
- Sultry voice
- Her long, dark hair