|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Sophia Bush GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 15,143|
|LAST UPDATED: July 12, 2017|
Sophia Bush Biography
- Sophia Anna Bush was born on July 8, 1982, in Pasadena, California. She is an only child. Her father, Charles William Bush, is a renowned advertising and celebrity photographer, and her mother, Maureen Bush, runs a photography studio. Young Bush was brought up in Pasadena; she made her acting debut in a school theater production while attending Westridge School for Girls, a small private school in her hometown. She was crowned the Queen of the Tournament of Roses at Pasadena Rose Parade in 2000; that same year, she graduated from High School. In 2002, Sophia Bush made her screen debut as "Sally", a college student, in the comedy Van Wilder (2002), opposite Ryan Reynolds . She attended the University of Southern California for three years and took Journalism major and Theatre minor, albeit she did not graduate, taking her leave of absence after getting the part as "Brooke Davis", a flirtatious cheerleader on the WB TV series "One Tree Hill" (2003). She was also cast to play opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger and Nick Stahl in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003) but, after she began principal photography on the film, the director deemed her too young for the role and she was soon replaced by actress Claire Danes. However, Bush got her big break when "One Tree Hill" (2003) developed a loyal following and became her steady gig over four seasons. It was while working on the series that Bush began dating her on-screen love interest, actor Chad Michael Murray. They wed in April 2005, but split after five months, in September 2005. In December 2006, their divorce became final. Meanwhile, she continued to land big screen roles, such as "October Bantum" in Stay Alive (2006), a horror film by writer/director William Brent Bell, and as "Beth" in John Tucker Must Die (2006), a comedy by director Betty Thomas . Bush is co-starring as "Grace Andrews", who is terrorized by a killer played by Sean Bean, in the remake of The Hitcher (2007). Outside of her acting profession, Bush has been working as an Assignment Editor for Annenberg TV News in her spare time. Her other talents include horseback riding, boxing and photography. She enjoys reading and spending time with her friends and is currently residing in Wilmington, North Carolina, where "One Tree Hill" (2003) is filmed.
Sophia Bush Filmography
- (2013) Hatfields & McCoys as Emma McCoy
- (2012) 2012 Do Something Awards as Herself
- (2012) Global Citizen Festival as Herself
- (2012) Mob Wives 2: The Christening as Carla Facciolo
- (2012) Partners as Ali Landow
- (2012) Paulilu Mixtape as Herself
- (2012) The 26th Annual Genesis Awards as Herself - Presenter
- (2011) 2011 Do Something! Awards as Herself
- (2011) Chalet Girl as Chloe
- (2011) Mob Wives as Carla Facciolo
- (2010) Behind the Scenes: One Tree Hill Season 7 as Herself
- (2010) Southern Discomfort as Haley
- (2009) A Gaythering Storm as Herself
- (2009) Behind the Scenes: One Tree Hill Season 6 as Herself
- (2009) Table for Three as Mary
- (2009) Three's a Crowd as Herself
- (2008) 2007 Vail Film Festival as Herself
- (2008) Behind the Scenes: One Tree Hill Season 5 as Herself
- (2008) ESPY Awards as Herself - Presenter
- (2008) The Bonnie Hunt Show as Herself
- (2008) The Narrows as Kathy Popovich
- (2008) The Wendy Williams Show as Herself
- (2007) Behind the Scenes: One Tree Hill Season 4 as
- (2007) Chelsea Lately as Herself - Guest
- (2007) Phineas and Ferb as Sara
- (2007) The Hitcher as Grace Andrews
- (2007) The Teen Choice Awards 2007 as Herself
- (2007) Up Close with Carrie Keagan as Herself
- (2006) Grrrl Power as Herself
- (2006) John Tucker Must Die as Beth
- (2006) Kodiak Yearbook as Herself
- (2006) Stay Alive as October
- (2005) Movie Life: House of Wax as Herself
- (2005) Supercross as Zoe Lang
- (2005) The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson as Herself
- (2005) The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson as Herself - Guest
- (2004) Fashion News Live as Herself
- (2003) Jimmy Kimmel Live! as Herself
- (2003) Learning Curves as Beth
- (2003) Nip/Tuck as Ridley Lange
- (2003) One Tree Hill as Brooke Davis
- (2003) One Tree Hill as Brooke Davis (credit only)
- (2003) Punk'd as Herself
- (2003) The Flannerys as Katie Flannery
- (2002) HypaSpace as Herself
- (2002) Point of Origin as Carrie Orr
- (2002) Van Wilder as Sally
- (1999) The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn as Herself
- (1998) Total Request Live as Herself
- (1996) Sabrina, the Teenage Witch as Fate Mackenzie
- (1993) Late Night with Conan O'Brien as Herself
- (1993) Late Show with David Letterman as Herself
- (1988) Live with Regis and Kathie Lee as Herself
- (1981) Entertainment Tonight as Herself
Sophia Bush Trivia and Facts
- Works for Annenberg TV News, a student news organization, in her spare time, as an Assignment Editor.
- Was the Tournament of Roses Parade Queen in 2000.
- Was cast as Kate Brewster in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003) and even worked on-set for several days, but was replaced with Claire Danes when director Jonathan Mostow deemed her "too young" to play the role.
- She attended an all-girls high school in Pasadena, California called Westridge and graduated in the class of 2000.
- She is an alumna of the sorority Kappa Kappa Gamma at the University of Southern California. She attended USC for three years before getting the role of "Brooke Davis" on "One Tree Hill" (2003).
- Her dad, Charles William Bush , is a celebrity photographer and her mom, Maureen Bush, is a photography studio manager.
- Her favorite TV show is "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (1999).
- 26 September 2005: Announced she has separated from her husband Chad Michael Murray.
- Special Skills: Photography, horseback riding, boxing.
- Sophia was #3 on Femme Fatales The 50 Sexiest Women of 2004.
- Named #15 on Much Musics 20 Hottest Women of 2004.
- Wore a Vera Wang Gown in her April 2005 wedding to Chad Michael Murray.
- Is an only child.
- Named #90 in FHMs 100 Sexiest Women of 2007.
- Ranked #24 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Good friends with Bevin Prince , James Lafferty and Brittany Snow.
- She and Milo Ventimiglia are very close friends. They are members of charity for children.
- Has French-Canadian and Italian ancestry.
- Her favorite designers are Marc Jacobs , Donna Karan , Chloe and Ya-Ya.
- There are many designers who send items to the costume department of "One Tree Hill" (2003) specifically for her to wear.
- Is good friends with Danneel Ackles.
- Ranked as having one of the "Most Beautiful Faces" by "The Annual Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Famous Faces From Around the World." She was ranked #22 in 2010, #4 in 2009, #20 in 2008, and #38 in 2007.
- She attended USC for 3 years as a Journalism major.
- She has a Concealed Weapons license.
- She is constantly rescuing dogs and, at one point, she had 13 living in her house. She has a dog named Annie and another named Patch. She also has one dog with a missing eye.
- She did almost all of her own stunts for The Hitcher, including the full spin.
- Her favorite actors are Sean Penn, Edward Norton and Robin Williams.
- Her favorite actresses are Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman and Charlize Theron.
Sophia Bush Quotes
- (On starring with her husband on "One Tree Hill" (2003) ) "People say Oh, it must be so nice being able to kiss your own husband on the show, but really, its not. Its so awkward being intimate with your husband with hundreds of people watching and a camera present".
- I love boxing. Theres something fierce about using your bodys force that way.
- Ive turned into a total insomniac. Chad will wake up for a 4 a.m. snack, and I will have completely redecorated a room in our house!
- I get to experiment with a lot of looks with my character so thats really fun for me. Its like getting to paint a new canvas everyday.
- I want to play everything. I really want to do it all.
- "Samaire (Armstrong) and I spent a lot of time shopping together and just running around town. Shes such a great girl. Shes an artist and has a really creative mind. I loved it when they sent me the Stay Alive (2006) script. Mc G called and said `listen, read this role and tell me what you think. Shes so different from anybody Ive gotten to play which was what drew me to it. Aside from the fact that the script is great, original and creepy as hell, the character is very, very cool. Shes such a bad ass. Shes a rough around the edge girl and fits into this sect that is of New Orleans".
- I think whats exceptional about that is typically in the sociology of our culture, were so used to those gender roles of the women being supported and its wonderful when you see that thats really not how it is. Because sorry to say, women run the house. They run the family. They hold things up. I mean, its like you dont ever see your mom get sick because she handles everything. And its kind of amazing I think to show people just how strong women are. And people enjoy it. And I think people want to see women that reflect women in their lives that they know now. [In reference to the portrayal of strong women in cinema]
- People care about my personal life. But really Im dorky! I drink beer and go to football games. And ya know, sit in my house in a t-shirt on the weekends and play with my dog!
- Getting wasted is only OK when youre young enough to not know better.
- Working with ex-husband, Chad Michael Murray : my job is my job, and my personal life is my personal life, and I keep them separate. Its my job. Its not always easy, but its my work - its what I love and take pride in, and I wont let that slack because of personal circumstances.
- Ive always been the long-term relationship, go-home-and-meet-mom girl.
- Whether it lasts forever or ends tomorrow, it will have taught you something if youve paid attention. [on relationships]
- Because Im 54" and athletically built, if I gain five pounds it looks like a lot.
Sophia Bush Photoshoots
- "Maxim" (USA), October 2012, pg. 58, by: Larry Busacca, "The Sexiest Women on TV: Sophia Bush"
- "Femme Fatale" (USA), May 2004
- "Hollywood Life: Movieline" (USA), May 2004, "Young Hollywood Issue"
Sophia Bush Trademarks
- Raspy voice
- Her dimples