|NUDE PICTURES: 340|
|Tanya Roberts GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 2,144|
|LAST UPDATED: January 18, 2016|
Tanya Roberts Biography
- Tanya Roberts came from modest beginnings in the Bronx, New York, the daughter of a pen salesman (Irish) and a mother (Jewish) who were divorced before she reached high school. Tanya dropped out of high school at age 15, got married and hitchhiked around the country until her mother-in-law had the marriage annulled. She met psychology student Barry Roberts in New York while waiting in line to see a movie. A few months later, she proposed to him in a subway station, and they were married. She studied acting under Lee Strasberg and Uta Hagen. In her early years in New York, she supported herself as an Arthur Murray dance instructor and by modeling. She appeared in off-Broadway productions of "Picnic" and "Antigone", and in television commercials for Ultra Brite, Clairol and Cool Ray sunglasses. In 1977, Tanya and her husband--now a scriptwriter--moved to Hollywood. She began appearing in such made-for-TV films as Pleasure Cove (1979) , Zuma Beach (1978) and Waikiki (1980) . Her film debut was in Forced Entry (1975). After appearing in several minor films, her first big break came when she was selected as an angel (the last) for "Charlies Angels" (1976) in its final season, and was featured on the cover of "People" magazine (2/9/81). The attention she garnered as the newest Charlies Angel helped secure her most significant film parts: The Beastmaster (1982) (and posed for the cover and an inside spread in "Playboy" to promote the film), the title role in Sheena (1984) and as a Bond Girl in A View to a Kill (1985). She continues to appear in films, though mainly direct-to-video and direct-to-cable features. She is featured in the CD computer game The Pandora Directive (1996) (VG) and had a recurring lead role in the television series "That 70s Show" (1998).
Tanya Roberts Filmography
- (2011) Queens of the World as Caroline Taylor
- (2005) Barbershop as Ellie Palmer
- (2005) The Saga of 'The Beastmaster' as Herself
- (2005) TV Land Confidential as Herself - Interviewee
- (2004) UnConventional as Herself
- (2003) Eve as Rebeca
- (2002) Charlie's Angels: TV Tales as Herself
- (2002) Fillmore! as Author (voice)
- (2001) Off Centre as Gretchen
- (2000) Designing Bond: Peter Lamont as Herself
- (2000) Inside 'A View to a Kill' as Herself (also archive footage)
- (2000) Pajama Party as Herself
- (2000) The Men Behind the Mayhem: The Special Effects of James Bond as Herself
- (1999) 68th Annual Hollywood Christmas Parade as Herself
- (1999) Entertainment Tonight Presents: Charlie's Angels - Uncovered as Herself
- (1999) The James Bond Story as Herself (archive footage)
- (1998) Hollywood Squares as Herself
- (1998) That '70s Show as (credit only)
- (1998) That '70s Show as Midge Pinciotti
- (1998) That '70s Show as Midge Pinciotti (credit only)
- (1997) Investigating Tarzan as Herself
- (1997) The Angry Beavers as Marsha (voice)
- (1997) The Blues Brothers Animated Series as Toni G. (voice)
- (1996) E! True Hollywood Story as Herself
- (1996) The Pandora Directive as Regan Madsen (VG)
- (1995) Deep Down as Charlotte
- (1995) Favorite Deadly Sins as Herself
- (1994) Burke's Law as Julie Reardon
- (1994) High Tide as Rhonda Fogel
- (1994) Hot Line as Rebecca
- (1993) Politically Incorrect as Herself
- (1993) Sins of Desire as Kay Egan
- (1992) Almost Pregnant as Linda Alderson
- (1992) The Tonight Show with Jay Leno as Herself
- (1991) Inner Sanctum as Lynn Foster
- (1991) Legal Tender as Rikki Rennick
- (1991) Silk Stalkings as Callie Callahan
- (1990) Night Eyes as Nikki
- (1990) Twisted Justice as Secretary
- (1988) Purgatory as Carly Arnold
- (1987) Joe Bob's Drive-In Theater as Linda Alderson (archive footage)
- (1986) Body Slam as Candace Vandervagen
- (1985) A View to a Kill as Stacey Sutton
- (1984) Sheena as Sheena
- (1983) I Paladini: Storia d'armi e d'amori as Angelica (Isabella)
- (1983) Murder Me, Murder You as Velda
- (1982) Na sowas! as Herself
- (1982) The Beastmaster as Kiri
- (1980) The John Davidson Show as Herself
- (1980) Waikiki as Carol
- (1979) California Dreaming as Stephanie
- (1979) Pleasure Cove as Sally
- (1979) Racquet as Bambi
- (1979) Tourist Trap as Becky
- (1978) Fingers as Julie
- (1978) Greatest Heroes of the Bible as Bachemath
- (1978) Vega$ as Officer Britt Blackwell
- (1978) Zuma Beach as Denise
- (1977) Fantasy Island as Miss Amanda Parsons
- (1977) The Love Boat as Diane Dayton
- (1977) The Private Files of J. Edgar Hoover as Stewardess
- (1976) Charlie's Angels as Julie Rogers
- (1976) Charlie's Angels as Julie Rogers (also archive footage)
- (1976) The Yum Yum Girls as April
- (1975) Forced Entry as Nancy Ulman
- (1962) The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson as Herself
Tanya Roberts Trivia and Facts
- Sister of Barbara Chase
- She took 5 years of voice training to get the Bronx out of her voice.
- Her sister, Barbara Chase , was married to Timothy Leary for 15 years.
- Has the unique distinction of having been both a Bond Girl and the last of the original Charlies Angels.
- She auditioned for the role of "Kate Roberts" on the soap opera, "Days of Our Lives" (1965) , in 1995 though the role went to Lauren Koslow.
- Widow of Barry Roberts .
- Aunt of Zach Leary.
Tanya Roberts Quotes
- "Even if I get thrown out of Hollywood, Ill come back. It took me 14 years to get where I am. Im going to hang in there." - People Magazine (1984)
- Fans make you. I certainly hope that people like me in the work and I appreciate every letter that I get. Im glad they like me or else I wouldnt be in the business. But for fans its a very different reality then it is for me. Theyre going to watch the finished product, which has taken us five months and a lot of hard work... I mean, Ive been choking for the last three days on smoke -- its not very glamorous. Its not what it looks like in the movie, Im on my knees, bruised half the time, its action, action, action.
Tanya Roberts Photoshoots
- "Celebrity Skin" (USA), May 2003, Vol. 25, Iss. 116, pg. 96, by: staff, "Celebrity Skin Classic: Tanya Roberts"
- "Celebrity Skin" (USA), November 2000, Vol. 22, Iss. 90, pg. 85, by: staff, "Charlie's Angels Yesterday & Today: Jungle Love"
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 1996, Vol. 9, Iss. 4, pg. 30-31, by: staff, "Watch The Fur Fly: Tanya Roberts"
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 1994, Vol. 7, Iss. 8, pg. 68-69, by: staff, "Seeing Red: Tanya Roberts"
- "Playboy" (USA), November 1991, Vol. 38, Iss. 11, pg. 144, by: Bruce Williamson, "Sex In Cinema 1991"
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 1991, Vol. 5, Iss. 1, pg. 34-35, by: staff, "Seperate But Sequel: Tanya Roberts"
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 1990, Vol. 3, Iss. 3, pg. 28-29, by: staff, "Adverteasers: Excedrin"
- "Playboy" (USA), January 1989, Vol. 36, Iss. 1, pg. 251, "Women Of The Eighties"
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 1989, Vol. 2, Iss. 5, pg. 78-81, by: staff, "A View To A Kill's Stacey Sutton"
- "Playboy" (USA), February 1985, Vol. 32, Iss. 2, pg. 115, by: n/a, "The Year in Sex"
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 1985, Vol. 1, Iss. 1, pg. 10-11, by: staff, "Charlie's Angels' Tanya Roberts"
- "Playboy" (USA), December 1984, Vol. 31, Iss. 12, pg. 202, by: Jim Harwood, "Sex Stars Of 1984"
- "Playboy" (USA), December 1983, Vol. 30, Iss. 12, pg. 207, by: Jim Harwood, "Sex Stars Of 1983"
- "Porn Stars" (USA), April 1983, Vol. 4, Iss. 3, pg. 8-9, "Tanya Roberts, Charlie's Last Angel"
- "Playboy" (USA), November 1982, Vol. 29, Iss. 11, pg. 161, by: Arthur Knight, "Sex In Cinema 1982"
- "Playboy" (USA), October 1982, Vol. 29, Iss. 10, pg. 150-159, by: Richard Fegley, "Tanya"
- "Partner Sex Stars" (USA), 1981, Vol. 1, Iss. 1, pg. 50-52, by: staff, "Tanya Roberts: Charlie's Newest Angel Has a Devilish Past!"
- "Playboy" (USA), December 1980, Vol. 27, Iss. 12, pg. 240, by: Jim Harwood, "Sex Stars of 1980"
- "Partner" (USA), October 1980, Vol. 2, Iss. 5, pg. 10-12, by: staff, "Charlie's Newest Angel Has A Devilish Past!"
Tanya Roberts Other Works
- Could be heard from 2006 on a radio commercial endorsing Consolidated
- Resorts, Inc. of Las Vegas, NV, notably the Tahiti Village Resort. In
- 2007 she appeared on a TV commercial, again endorsing the new Las Vegas
Tanya Roberts Trademarks
- Platinum blonde hair
- Sparkling blue eyes
- Lisp, breathless voice
- Voluptuous figure