|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Wende Wagner GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 72|
|LAST UPDATED: April 2, 2014|
Wende Wagner Biography
- Beautiful, vibrant-looking 60s actress Wende Wagner (her real name) was born in Connecticut in 1941. Of French, German and Native American heritage, her exotic looks would later serve her well on TV and in motion pictures. She inherited her athletic genes from her parents; her father was a former Olympic swimming/diving coach turned Naval Commander and her mother was a champion downhill skier. The sweet-looking beauty entered the entertainment arena as a model and made her TV debut in 1959 on the "Wagon Train" (1957) western series. Very much a free spirit, she was more interested in surfing and traveling around the world than a career. She combined both passions when she earned work as an underwater female stunt double for Lloyd Bridges on his hit series "Sea Hunt" (1958) as well as the TV series "The Aquanauts" (1960), which took her to ideal tropical settings. She also stunted for such movies as September Storm (1960) co-starring Joanne Dru and Mark Stevens . On that movie set, she met and subsequently married fellow stunt diver Courtney Brown (he was Mr. Stevens double in that film), who coached her in underwater shooting. They had a daughter, Tiffany. During this time, they based their lives in the Bahamas where most of their shooting occurred. They divorced, however, after a short time and she returned to Hollywood where she won the role of an Apache girl in the movie Rio Conchos (1964) with Richard Boone , Anthony Franciosa and Stuart Whitman. A few years later, she married actor James Mitchum, Robert Mitchum s eldest son, but they too split. Wendes career continued in the 60s with a couple of movies and a role in the "The Green Hornet" (1966) TV adventure series but she eventually dropped out of sight. Little was heard from her until reports of her death from cancer in 1997.
Wende Wagner Filmography
- (1974) The Green Hornet as Lenore Case (archive footage)
- (1973) The Bait as
- (1972) The Rookies as Gay (as Wendy Wagner)
- (1969) Guns of the Magnificent Seven as Tina
- (1968) It Takes a Thief as Linda
- (1968) Rosemary's Baby as Rosemary's Girl Friend (as Wendy Wagner)
- (1967) A Covenant with Death as Rafaela Montemayor
- (1967) Mannix as Miss Ellis
- (1966) Destination Inner Space as Sandra Welles
- (1966) Out of Sight as Scuba
- (1966) The Green Hornet as Lenore 'Casey' Case
- (1964) Flipper as Ella Bailey
- (1964) Rio Conchos as Sally (Apache girl)
- (1957) Perry Mason as Anona Gilbert
- (1957) Wagon Train as Fay (as Wendy Wagner)
- (1954) Lassie as Diane Stafford
- (1950) What's My Line? as Herself - Contestant (as Wendy Wagner)
Wende Wagner Trivia and Facts
- Was a very close friend of actress Sharon Tate , whose husband Roman Polanski directed Wendes performance in Rosemarys Baby (1968).
- Ex-sister-in-law of Christopher Mitchum and Trini Mitchum.
- Ex-daughter-in-law of Robert Mitchum and Dorothy Mitchum.
- Through her union with husband James Mitchum, a son was born on April 16, 1969.
- Daughter Tiffany Brown born circa 1962.
- Attended Coronado High School in San Diego, California.
Wende Wagner Photoshoots
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 1990, Vol. 4, Iss. 2, pg. 36-37, by: staff, "Comic Strips: Casey Case - Wende Wagner"