|NUDE PICTURES: 9|
|Yancy Butler GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 1,203|
|LAST UPDATED: March 11, 2014|
Yancy Butler Biography
- Yancy Butler was born and grew up in Greenwich Village, New York City during the 1970s, so its not unusual that she chose to be an actor, being third generation showbiz. Her father is Joe Butler, the lead singer and drummer for the reunited Lovin Spoonful; her step-mother, Kim, was a company manager for Broadway shows, and her grandparents were also involved in various aspects of the theater. At the age of 13, Butler began studying at the prestigious HB Studios in New York, and continued to do so until entering Sarah Lawrence College. Ms Butler made her motion picture starring debut in John Woos "Hard Target" with Jean-Claude Van Damme. Yancys television debut in "Law & Order" landed her the series lead in "Mann and Machine", which led to the starring role in "South Beach."
Yancy Butler Filmography
- (2013) Hansel & Gretel Get Baked as Officer Hart
- (2013) Kick-Ass 2 as Angie D'Amico
- (2012) Lake Placid: The Final Chapter as Reba
- (2012) Shark Week as Elena
- (2011) Rage of the Yeti as Villers
- (2010) Celebrity Close Calls as Herself
- (2010) Kick-Ass as Angie D'Amico
- (2010) Lake Placid 3 as Reba
- (2009) Wolvesbayne as Lilith
- (2008) The Mentalist as Aunt Jodie
- (2008) Vote and Die: Liszt for President as Ann Barklely
- (2006) Basilisk: The Serpent King as Hannah
- (2006) Double Cross as Kathy Swanson
- (2006) Striking Range as Emily Johanson
- (2004) The Last Letter as Ms. Toney/Alicia Cromwell
- (2003) The Lyon's Den as Sandra Previn
- (2001) Witchblade as Det. Sara 'Pez' Pezzini
- (2001) Witchblade as Det. Sara 'Pez' Pezzini/Aras
- (2000) Doomsday Man as Kate
- (2000) The New Adventures of Spin and Marty: Suspect Behavior as Veronica Hulka
- (2000) Thin Air as Lisa St. Claire
- (2000) Witchblade as Det. Sara "Pez" Pezzini
- (1999) The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn as Herself
- (1999) The Witness Files as Sandy Dickinson
- (1999) Third Watch as Treva
- (1998) The 24th Annual People's Choice Awards as Herself - Accepting Award for Favourite New Television Dramatic Series
- (1998) The Treat as Wendy
- (1998) The Wild Thornberrys as Tourist #3 (voice)
- (1997) Annie's Garden as Lisa Miller
- (1997) Brooklyn South as Det. Anne-Marie Kersey
- (1997) Brooklyn South as Off. Anne-Marie Kersey
- (1997) Perversions of Science as Lisa Gerou
- (1997) Ravager as Avedon Hammond
- (1997) The Ex as Deidre Kenyon
- (1996) Fast Money as Francesca Marsh
- (1995) Let It Be Me as Corinne
- (1994) Drop Zone as Jessie Crossman
- (1993) Hard Target as Natasha 'Nat' Binder
- (1993) NYPD Blue as Lucinda 'Lucy' Hastings
- (1993) South Beach as Kate Patrick
- (1993) The Hit List as Jordan Henning
- (1993) The Making of 'Hard Target' as Natasha Binder
- (1992) Grapevine as Karen
- (1992) Mann & Machine as Sgt. Eve Edison
- (1990) Law & Order as Beverly Kern
- (1979) Savage Weekend as Little Girl (as Yancy Victoria Butler)
- (1956) As the World Turns as Ava
- (1956) As the World Turns as Ava Jenkins
Yancy Butler Trivia and Facts
- Daughter of Joe Butler , drummer for The Lovin Spoonful.
- Took over a year off acting after the cancellation of "Witchblade" (2001) in 2002 to regain her health. She returned in late 2003, having filmed an independent movie and a guest appearance on "The Lyons Den" (2003).
- In November 2003, she was ordered to enter a substance-abuse treatment program following her arrest for disorderly conduct after being found intoxicated and wandering in and out of traffic.
- Ranked #61 in Stuff magazines "102 Sexiest Women In The World" (2002)
Yancy Butler Quotes
- [on shooting Witchblade with a injury] It was hard, but my attitude is, youre paying me, Im yours. Ill go till I drop.
- [When asked if she got any feedback from the comic book fans on her role in Witchblade] We have gotten great feedback from the comic book fans. We did that whole comic book tour circuit last summer, and the fans couldnt have been happier. There was definitely some pressure there because, unlike a lot of other comic book characters, my character had never had a voice. The first day you should have seen me. I was so nervous because these people had been living with this character for years, and I had to give Sara her first voice.
- [when asked if she likes being a TV star] Chubby Checker just asked for my autograph. That, and being a Jeopardy question, just made my entire career! I was worth $400.
- [when asked what roles she thought her fans most associated her with] Very action-oriented characters, which is not something that I sought out at all. Those roles just kind of graciously fell in my lap, which Ill ride for as long as I can. Keep kicking and blading people and stuff. But I think of films like Drop Zone with Wesley Snipes and films like Hard Target with Jean Claude Van Damme. I think that those are the kind of things that people are more familiar with. Sara Pezzini is different from those characters, however. I feel for her. A lot of stuff is going on. Shes having a bit of a meltdown. I think its wonderful that Ralph Hemecker is able to write and really construct a character like a jigsaw puzzle. Shes not all hard and male-hating and not Ill annihilate anything that says good morning to me. She is not just angry and bitter or somebody thats just fluffed up, we very much couldve gone in that direction. So Im liking this character more. I think its an extension of everything that Ive of worked for.
Yancy Butler Photoshoots
- "US Magazine" (USA), February 1998, by: Hot Zone, "Hot Zone: TV's Hot Cops"
Yancy Butler Other Works
- Stage: Appeared in "How Sweet the Sound" (Playwright's Horizons).
- Interactive Multimedia: "Propaganda" CD-ROM (Virgin Interactive
- Audiobook: Narrated "Malice Domestic 3: High Heels in the Headliner", written by Wendy Hornsby and edited by Nancy Pickard.
- Audio Book: Narrated "Rattlesnake Crossing" by Judith A. Jance, 1998. ISBN 0787117323.
- Audio book: Narrated "We Could Do Worse: A Millenial Collection of Alternate Histories", Dove Entertainment, 1999. ISBN 0787119024
- Audio book: Narrated "Outlaw Mountain: A Joanna Brady Mystery" by Judith
- A. Jance. ISBN 0787119709 Abridged, ISBN 0787119733 Unabridged. Dove
- Entertainment, Inc., 1999.
Yancy Butler Trademarks
- Her unmistakable husky voice and big intense eyes