|NUDE PICTURES: 13|
|Vanessa Marcil GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 4,404|
|LAST UPDATED: February 22, 2019|
Vanessa Marcil Biography
- Vanessa Marcil was born on October 15, 1968, in Indio, California, to Peter Ortiz, a contractor, and Patricia Marcil Ortiz, an herbalist. She grew up in Palm Desert with her parents and her two older sisters Tina and Sherry and her older brother Sam. When Vanessa was 8 she started acting in plays and even performed her own song at a sixth-grade talent show, which she won. Soon afterward she began pursuing an acting career and starred in several theatre productions before landing the role of Brenda Barrett on the ABC daytime soap opera "General Hospital" (1963) in 1992. She made her feature film debut in The Rock (1996) opposite Nicolas Cage and starred in a made-for-television movie, To Love, Honor and Deceive (1996) , in 1996. She stayed with "General Hospital" (1963) until 1998 and then left to join the cast of "Beverly Hills, 90210" (1990) as Gina Kincaid, a former ice skater replacing Tiffani Thiessen as the shows vixen. She met Brian Austin Green on the show and the two had a baby together named Kassius Lijah Marcil-Green born on March 30, 2002. In the fall of 2002 she made her long-awaited return to "General Hospital" (1963) reprising her role as Brenda Barrett, garnering her a Daytime Emmy Award for "Outstanding Supporting Actress" in 2003. Vanessa later joined the cast of the NBC drama "Las Vegas" (2003) as Sam Marquez, a casino host. She resides in Los Angeles, California with her son Kassius.
Vanessa Marcil Filmography
- (2013) Borrowed Moments as Christine
- (2010) Hawaii Five-0 as Dr. Olivia Victor
- (2010) The 37th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards as Herself (as Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo)
- (2010) The Bannen Way as Madison
- (2010) The Talk as Herself
- (2009) One Hot Summer as Margarita Silva Santos
- (2008) Blush: The Search for America's Greatest Makeup Artist as Herself - Hostess
- (2008) Lipstick Jungle as Josie Scotto
- (2008) The Doctors as Herself
- (2008) The Nanny Express as Kate Hewitt
- (2008) The Wendy Williams Show as Herself (as Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo)
- (2006) My First Time as Herself
- (2005) Martha as Herself
- (2005) NBC Premiere Week Preview as Herself - Hostess
- (2005) The WIN Awards as Herself
- (2004) The 31st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards as Herself - Hostess
- (2004) The Tony Danza Show as Herself
- (2003) 18th Annual Soap Opera Digest Awards as Herself
- (2003) Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show as Herself
- (2003) Jimmy Kimmel Live! as Herself
- (2003) Las Vegas as Sam Marquez
- (2003) The Sharon Osbourne Show as Herself
- (2002) Last Call with Carson Daly as Herself
- (2002) SoapTalk as Herself
- (2002) Storm Watch as Tess Woodward
- (2002) Without a Trace as Kim Marcus
- (2001) Crossing Jordan as Sam Marquez
- (1999) Nice Guys Sleep Alone as Erin
- (1999) This Space Between Us as Maggie Harty
- (1998) Soaps' Most Unforgettable Love Stories as Brenda Barrett (archive footage)
- (1998) The 25th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards as Herself
- (1998) The Superstars as Herself - Host
- (1997) 976-WISH as Danielle
- (1997) The View as Herself (as Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo)
- (1996) E! True Hollywood Story as Herself/Gina Kincaid
- (1996) High Incident as Kerry Andrews
- (1996) Spin City as Crazy Kara
- (1996) The Rock as Carla Pestalozzi
- (1996) The Rosie O'Donnell Show as Herself
- (1996) To Love, Honor and Deceive as Sydney Carpenter
- (1995) The Undertaker as The Groupie
- (1994) The 21st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards as Herself
- (1993) Intimate Portrait as Herself
- (1993) Late Night with Conan O'Brien as Herself
- (1993) NYPD Blue as Det. Carmen Olivera
- (1991) ABC in Concert as Herself - Hostess
- (1990) Beverly Hills, 90210 as Gina Kincaid
- (1963) General Hospital as Brenda Barrett
- (1963) General Hospital as Brenda Barrett (archive footage)
- (1963) General Hospital as Brenda Barrett (as Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo)
- (1963) General Hospital as Brenda Barrett (credit only) (as Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo)
- (1952) Today as Herself
Vanessa Marcil Trivia and Facts
- Her father Peter is of Mexican descent. Her mother Patricia is of French, Italian, and Portuguese descent. She is the youngest of four children. All of her family remains living in Indio, California, USA.
- As a child, she was given the option of skipping second grade along with a friend. She and her parents decided against it.
- Attended Indio High School, Indio, California. Was part of the Circle Theatre Acting Company in Indio.
- Attended College of the Desert, Palm Desert, California, where she studied law.
- Has a tattoo on her lower back of a tribal symbol representing peace and love in the universe.
- Named one of "People" magazines 50 Most Beautiful People in 1996. Was offered the cover and a layout in Playboy but she declined. She is reportedly very shy about revealing her body.
- Is a vegetarian.
- Has two dogs named Woof and Joey.
- Performed her own song at a 6th grade talent show and won.
- Named in honor of actress Vanessa Redgrave.
- She has designed a line of childrens clothing called, Kass (named in honor of her son Kassius) for Africa. A portion of the proceeds will go to help build schools and open centers to support and empower mothers and their children in Africa.
- Was offered the role of Nell Porter on "Ally McBeal" (1997) but was forced to turn it down because she had already signed on to "Beverly Hills, 90210" (1990). The role was then given to Portia de Rossi.
- Auditioned for the part of Nancy in I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (1998) however, the part was eventually given to Jennifer Esposito , since the director felt her beauty would give less attention to the lead actors of the film.
- Opened Patricia House in Los Angeles, which will aid women who can no longer care for their children. Created a hotline for these women to have their babies placed in good homes.
- She has suffered from agoraphobia.
- She remarked on "Today" (1952) , 5 November 2004 that she is the great granddaughter of French mime Marcel Marceau , though she never met him.
- Named #19 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list. Named #92 in FHM magazines "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
- Has a grandmother named Sally.
- Named #92 in FHM magazines "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
- Loves to ride motorcycles.
- Named on People magazines "100 Most Beautiful People" list (2008), reportedly for being a muse to musician Prince , who wrote his 1994 song "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" about her.
- Is best friends with "The Biggest Loser" (2004) trainer Jillian Michaels who is the godmother of her son Kassius.
- Married Carmine Giovinazzo , from "CSI: NY" (2004) , on July 11, 2010 in New York.
- One of her best friends is Suzanne Whang of HGTVs "House Hunters" (1999). They first met when Suzanne was cast as Polly on NBCs "Las Vegas" (2003).
- Has filed for divorce from Carmine Giovinazzo citing irreconcilable differences [August 22, 2012].
- In 2011, suffered 2 miscarriages during her marriage to Carmine Giovinazzo.
Vanessa Marcil Quotes
- "Because of my crazy work schedule, I have become something of a master at changing my clothes while driving. The men driving next to me love it." - on driving to work while changing clothes.
- "Acting probably saved my life. It gave me a home and a safe place to let out all of my emotions and have it be OK." - in having it be an outlet.
- "I dont know any woman who doesnt have an anxiety attack about wearing a bathing suit. I was on the show ("General Hospital" (1963) ) for two years before they got me to wear a bathing suit and I almost had a heart attack the whole time".
Vanessa Marcil Photoshoots
- "Maxim" (USA), June 2005, Iss. 90, pg. 142-150, by: Antoine Verglas, "Viva Vanessa"
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 2004, Iss. 35, pg. 16-19, by: staff, "Hot Foxes: Vanessa Marcil"
- "Stuff" (USA), October 2003, Iss. 47, pg. 114-120, by: Barry Hollywood, ""Las Vegas" Vanessa Marcil"
- "FHM" (USA), September 2000, pg. 106-110, by: Carlo Dalla Chiesa, "Cheeky!"
- "People Weekly" (USA), 8 May 1995, Vol. 43, Iss. 18, pg. 144, by: Dana Fineman, "The 50 Most Beautiful People in the World"
Vanessa Marcil Other Works
- 1999 - Print ads for Head and Shoulders shampoo. (1999)
- TV commercial for Head and Shoulders shampoo (1997)
- "Beauty #8" in The Artist's (see 'Prince (I)' video for "The Most Beautiful
- Girl in the World" (1991)
- ABC pilot "L.A. Med" (1997)
- Co-starred with country music star 'Dwight Yoakam' and Oscar nominee 'Sally Kirkland (I)' in
- the stage play, "Southern Rapture," directed by 'Peter Fonda (I)' . (1994)
- Hosted ABC In Concert during its 5th season. (1994)
- Made an appearance at MTV Spring Break (1999)
- Sponsor of Sojourn Services for Battered Women and Their Children.
- Hosted the 31st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards (2004)
- Hosted the NBC Fall Preview (2005) with co-host 'Nikki Cox'
- TV commercial for California Tourism Commission (2007)
- (2010) Hostess of an infomercial for the DDF (Doctor's Dermatologic Formula) skin care system. Also appearing is 'Cynthia Sass' .
Vanessa Marcil Trademarks
- Uses her most recent, married name for on-screen credit